Friday, September 21, 2012

Travel More

"I find I'm just a better version of myself when I travel. I feel my place in the world in a way that I understand more, I feel closer to my humanness, I like people better. I love to discover things. I never come back from a trip not feeling like I've grown at least a bit." ~ Andrew McCarthy

As a long time fan of travelling & travel writers, people are often surprised when I mention actor Andrew McCarthy is now a successful writer, contributing travel stories for National Geographic Traveler, Travel+Leisure, Afar, The Atlantic, The Wall Street Journal, Bon Appetit, The New York Times, Men's Journal, and Slate, among others. Now that his new book "Longest Way Home", is arriving in book stores, it will be impossible ignore. I love this video because it sums up a lot about how I feel about travel, and that my wish for people, especially Americans, is that they would visit more of the world to understand our commonalities. Afterall, "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...