Vancouver, Canada for 'Canadian Thanksgiving (something I rarely get to partake in having lived in the USA for the last 15 years). Long considered one of the most beautiful North American City's, it never disappoints (above is a photo of my alma mater, The University of British Columbia). Just a few hours North of Seattle, the mountains & ocean combination is astounding, and tourism is booming. A few of my favorite things to do:
1. Walk or bike the seawall - either downtown or kitslano. Or the beaches anywhere!
2. See Stanley Park, maybe pop by the aquarium there too.
3. Food: Lots of top restaurants & chefs set up shop here, and you will have some of the freshest fish & sushi choices to be found anywhere.
4. Hike near (Grouse Mountain) or far (The Chief, Whistler)
5. Some unique boutiques in Gastown & Yaletown, popular stores to be found on Robson St.
6. Take a water taxi from Downtown to Granville island to see artists studios & hit the food market
7. IF you have time: Consider taking a long trip to wither Whistler (skiing/hiking), Victoria (Capital, ferry or seaplane trip away), or in the summer The Okanagan (Western Canada's wine county.)
For more of my travel photos, visit instagram @Carrieamitchell #thestylishtraveller