Friday, September 5, 2014

The Stylish Traveller: Austin, Texas

I decided to wrap up my 'Southern Belle' summer with a trip to Austin, Texas for Labor Day weekend, and did it ever live up to my expectations! The laid back nature of the people, the food, the music scene, and the general functionality of a big tech City (SXSW festival, anyone?) with a small town feel (in all the right ways). If you have not been, get here - plenty of flights from around the US, and just a hop away from New Orleans if you wish to visit back-to-back. I will return, Austin!

Do: Kayak or paddle board on the river, Shop South Congress (especially UAL & Feathers), happy hour drinks on Rainey Street, watch some live music.

Eat: Food trucks! Tex Mex & BBQ! The trucks are everywhere, Nomad Dosa, Gourdoughs donuts, and Torchy's Tacos (on S. 1st) is a good one. Uchi for sushi, Sway for Thai, Pearla's for seafood, and if you can handle a 4+ hour wait, Franklin BBQ.

Stay: Downtown in general, though I see some cute hotels on South Congress too. Four Seasons Austin in particular - I may be biased but it's right on the river, and walking distance to everything, and of course has impeccable service, and has recently updated their rooms.

*For more travel photos see my instagram @carrieamitchell #thestylishtraveller

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...