Monday, April 9, 2012

HBO + AMC + Showtime

I'm not much of a television person, but HBO continues to rock my world. They keep elevating the content quality.  It's bad enough I got sucked into a "Game of Thrones" marathon weekend, and now am totally addicted, but there was also the recent "Girls" trailer, and now Aaron Sorkin’s ‘The Newsroom’. HBO, AMC and Showtime are continually uping their game, between the previously mentioned shows as well as Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter and True Blood. Kudos to the writers, and producers who take chances. Because let's face it, nearly everyone else (I'm looking at you, major networks) are failing spectacularly. (Apologies to "30 Rock", "Modern Family","Friday Night Lights", "Nurse Jackie" "Sons of Anarchy", I must exclude you from this). And when can we ban reality tv, already? Ugh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...