Sunday, December 11, 2011

Are We Adults?

To quote a recent tweet - "I always thought I'd be older by now." Indeed. The older I get, the more I realize we are just various shades of our teenage selves. Evolved, experienced and wiser, certainly (hopefully, really), but that suppressed 17-year-old self can still appear at a moments notice. Since we are all charged with the task of ever increasing responsibility, we just mask things better. This can resurface two ways in "adulthood", which I think is perfectly summed up in the recent trailers of "Young Adult" (penned by the fabulous Diablo Cody) and "Carnage" (based on the fantastically satirical Tony-winning play "God of Carnage"). With the holiday season upon us, I am seeing these flare-ups in spades. Never a dull moment here in NY.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...