Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fashion: Pierre Cardin 60


Pierre Cardin’s label turns 60 today, and the 88-year-old designer is celebrating by throwing his first runway show in a decade. He’s a little embarrassed by the designs that are currently produced under his name: "Unfortunately, they [my licensees] produce very classic outfits for men. I wish they picked up my designs. Instead, they produce this fusty, bourgeois stuff. It drives me to desperation, because I bring them my original designs to copy. That is the purpose of their licenses. We really need someone to drum up new licenses there. They could make a killing, because my designs are very youthful. All you see is these old Hart Schaffner Marx suits for old men. It makes me ashamed to even look at them."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...